I’m Ric Shewell, pastor at St Paul’s UMC in Idaho Falls, and this is my website, because people have websites now. As my friends say, “If you don’t have a website, you ain’t no big dog.” (no one says that). Anyway, I blog intermittently about theology, churchy stuff, and other things that I might find interesting. I’m married to a champion, we created the best children in the world, and we have two decent dogs. Thanks for stopping by and please say hi!
The Podiatrist Denver Loves
Your feet aren’t supposed to hurt. Do you have heel pain or ingrown toenails. Is daily life uncomfortable because of your foot pain? Do you dread putting on your shoes and anticipate the moment you can remove them and comfort your aching feet? Foot pain does not need to be a fact of life. It is not normal for your feet to hurt constantly.
Many people just accept continuous foot pain because they don’t know what to do about it.
Facts About Foot Pain:
- About 75% of Americans will experience foot problems at some time in their lives; over half of them are over the age of 50, but approximately 35% are between the ages of 18-24
- There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet. Sweat glands in the feet excrete as much as a half-pint of moisture a day. Excess moisture can cause (and exacerbate) many skin-related problems such as athletes foot, fungal nails, eczematous conditions, and many dermatoses.
- 60-70% of people with Diabetes will develop some form of nerve and/or circulation-related foot problems within their life time.
- Ingrown nails and heel pain are the most common foot problems.
- Standing in one spot is far more tiring than walking. The reason for this is that demands are being made on the same few muscles for a length of time.
- The skin on bottom (plantar surface) of your feet is thicker than it is anywhere else on your body. It is the first defense against repetitive foot problems.
- The soles of your feet contain more sweat glands and sensitive nerve-endings per square centimeter than any other part of your body.
- Combined….there is over 60 joints, 200 ligaments, and 35 muscles in your feet.
- Each foot contains 28 bones (x 2 feet = 56 bones)…almost ¼ of the total bones in your body.
- During an average day of walking, the total forces on your feet can total hundreds of tons. Equivalent to the average weight of a cement truck fully loaded!!
- Women are four times more likely to experience foot problems than men.
- About 19 percent of the US population has an average of 1.4 foot problems each year. This is based on statistics from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- The average person takes approximately 8-10,000 steps/day and will walk almost 115,000 miles in his/her lifetime. This is equivalent to about 4 ½ times around the earth.
- Left untreated, foot problems can worsen or become permanent.
Each Foot Problem Requires Different Treatment
Some foot conditions are congenital, such as clubfoot. flat feet. and intoeing (pigeon toe). With his expertise in foot care, Dr. Mechanik can help you resolve these life altering conditions, correct pediatric disfigurements, and will help put your child back on the path of an active and healthy life.
Come See Us And Start Feeling Better
Dr. Mechanik is the podiatrist Denver calls upon to help with these problems. He received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) degree from the the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine which is part of the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, a national leader in medical education.
Dr. Mechanik then went on to complete a twenty-four month post-graduate residency training program in Foot and Ankle Surgery. He acquired advanced surgical training, working side-by-side with an orthopedic surgeon, successfully completing a twenty-four month surgical Fellowship in Lower Extremity Musculoskeletal Surgery, tackling the most complex foot and ankle conditions. Dr. Mechanik has treated patients, who have traveled from all over the United States and Internationally.
Dr. Mechanik is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and a Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He is Board Certified in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery.
Dr. Mechanik has the experience to determine if your pain can be improved by a simple orthotic or if you require further measures. There is no podiatrist Denver trusts more to care for their feet! The Colorado Foot Institute can help you in all aspects of medical and surgical treatment of the foot and ankle.
Don’t suffer another day with something you can easily change. Call us today at
303-333-3383 and start the journey to enjoying every step you take.
Ask a Question
Find the perfect floor plan
Our beautiful apartments have quality options to make you feel at home.
Life Made Simple. ™
Courtney Isles Apartment Homes are designed with you in mind! Your new home boasts expansive living spaces, oversized garden tubs, 42’ custom cabinetry, and dining spaces perfect for entertaining. Located just minutes from beautiful Amelia Island and historic Fernandina Beach, you will find an array of world class restaurants, championship golf courses, and lavish boutique shopping. Whether you are looking for tranquility or comfort you’ll find yourself surrounded by all the possibilities you have dreamed of at Courtney Isles Apartment Homes.
Propecia Coupons Discount
donde puedo comprar propecia en estados unidos
propecia in deutschland kaufen
propecia retail price
much does propecia cost walmart
donde comprar propecia en barcelona
generic propecia at costco
comprar propecia en mexico
prix boite propecia
propecia need a prescription
propecia generic purchase